- 4 eggs
- 260 g sugar
- 1 dl boiling water
- 300 g dark chocolate 85% (the better the quality the better chocolate cake!)
- 200 g of unsalted butter
- Beat the eggs with 1/3 of the sugar until the volume has quadrupled (it takes about 10 minutes with an electric beater).
- Boil the water with the rest of the sugar into a thick syrup. Chop the chocolate coarsely and put it and the butter into the syrup. Stir until dissolved and remove from the heat. It is important that the syrup is very thick, and the butter and chocolate are completely stired well into the syrup.
- Add the chocolate mixture gently into the egg mixture. A little at the time and extremely carefully.
- Spread the chocolate cake batter into a round or square shape of 20 cm with a 5 cm high edge, lined with baking paper. Place the dish in a deep baking dish filled with boiling water (it is important that the water goes right up to the edge of the mold with the dough).
- 5. Bag chokoladekagen i vandbadet i 50 minutter i en 160° varm ovn. Når den har fået de 50 minutter, så stik i den med en strikkepind, og hænger der meget i, så giv den 10 minutter mere. Køl kagen af i formen, inden den vendes ud.
- Bake the chocolate cake in the water bath for 50 minutes in a 160 ° oven. When it reaches the 50 minutes then plug it with a knitting needle, and if any cake is on it then give it 10 minutes more. Cool the cake down in the tin before it is taken out.
- You can prinkle your chocolate cake with a little cocoa powder before serving.
- Always store your chocolate cake in the fridge. The cake is best the day after, when it has set itself